Sid Werner practices in the areas of estate planning and probate, real estate litigation, and commercial transactions. Over a legal career that has spanned more than four decades, he has enjoyed assisting a great number of people in formulating their estate plans, from simple wills to more complex documentation, and has handled the administration of trust and probate estates on behalf of many families and friends of clients and others who passed away.
In addition, he has provided lender representation for commercial and residential foreclosures, litigated commercial landlord-tenant matters, participated in boundary and survey dispute litigation, handled class action quiet title suits, negotiated and drafted a wide variety of commercial contracts, served as a securities arbitrator, represented clients in securities broker malfeasance actions, and provided representation in corporate negotiations and litigation.
Mr. Werner is a past Campaign Chairman of the Pinellas County Jewish Federation, past president of both Congregations B’nai Israel of St. Petersburg, Florida and Congregation Beth Chai of Seminole, Florida, and past president of the Seminole Center of the Y.M.C.A.
Areas of Practice
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Science
- Florida Bar
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Over 40 years of assisting clients in their probate, trust, estate planning and commercial needs
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, in the area of Wills, Trusts & Estates, 2020
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Civic Activities
- Florida Bar Foundation, member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association (member Real Property & Guardianship Section)
- Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, member
- Suncoast Estate Planning Council
- Jewish Federation of Pinellas & Pasco Counties, past Campaign Chairman
- Congregation B’nai Israel of St. Petersburg, past president
- Jewish Burial Society of Pinellas County, Legal Advisory Committee
- The Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, West Coast of Florida Steering Committee