Dionne C. Fajardo
Lived in Florida since 1993
Married with two adult children.
- Chief Compliance Officer & General Counsel, Element Pointe Advisors, LLC
- Attorney & Shareholder, Wiand Guerra King P.A.
- Chief Compliance Officer & Vice President, Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Financial Industry Consultant, Self-employed
- Surveillance Manager & Asst. Vice President, InterSecurities, Inc.
- Shareholder Services Manager & Asst. Vice President, William R. Hough & Co. & Hough Group of Funds
Areas of Practice
- Stetson University College of Law, J, Cum Laude
- World College West, BA, International Business and Management (Minor Chinese Studies)
Florida – all courts
- Advises, consults, and aids broker-dealers and investment advisers in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Performs industry mandated compliance reviews and risk and conflict assessments, including Investment Advisers Act Rule 206(4)-7 and FINRA Rule 3130.
- Drafts and revises investment advisers and broker-dealer policies and procedures for compliance with industry rules, regulations and best practices.
- Represents clients in Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry and Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and state securities and insurance department inquiries, routine examinations, for cause investigations, and enforcement proceedings.
- Assists clients with initial and continuing registration and membership applications and reporting with regulators.
- Performs internal investigations
- Assists clients with cybersecurity incident response.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Identifying and Managing Conflicts of Interest, Presenter, National Society of Compliance Professionals Annual Conference, October 2022
- Evolving Custody Responsibilities, Co-Author, National Society of Compliance Professionals Currents, November 2021
- Evolving Custody Responsibilities, Panelist, National Society of Compliance Professionals Annual Conference, November 2021
- Cryptocurrency, Moderator, Financial Markets Association Annual Compliance Conference, May 2019
- New Report on Broker-Dealer Cybersecurity Practices, Panelist, American Bar Association Securities Regional Meeting, February 2019
- Regulatory Panel Discussion, Moderator, Hillsborough County Bar Association, January 2019
- Discussion About BICE to Regulation Best Interest – Where Are We Going?, Presenter, Independent Broker Dealer Consortium 2018 Conference, October 2018
- CCO Liability, Presenter, Financial Markets Association, April 2018
- Don’t Get Caught Flat-Footed; Preparing for the Implementation of the Revised Form ADV, Presenter, Financial Services Institute, August 2017
- The DOL Fiduciary Rule and BIC Exemption – What Next, Panelist, Financial Services Institute One Voice Conference, January 2017
- Current Issues in Investment Advisory Compliance, Presenter, Financial Services Institute, December 2016
- Written Supervisory Procedures: A Roadmap to Victory (for Claimants), Presenter, Independent Broker Dealer Consortium Annual Conference, September 2016
- Spotlight on Variable Annuity L Shares, Presenter, Financial Services Institute, September 2015
- A Penny for Your Thoughts; Recent AML Enforcement Cases, Presenter, Financial Services Institute, January 2015
Professional and Civic Activities
- Girls Inc. of Greater Miami, Board Member & Secretary
- CHIEF (Executive Women’s Network), Member
- Florida Securities Dealers Association, Member
- National Society of Compliance Professionals, Member
- Southeastern Women in Financial Services, Member