Beatriz S. McConnell
Bea is a strategic business litigator who has been practicing in the Tampa Bay area since 2007. With an established track record of successful jury and non-jury trials, Bea is dedicated to zealously advocating for her clients in an array of business matters. Her broad experience litigating complex commercial matters, including business torts, contractual disputes, non-compete enforcement matters, and misappropriation of trade secrets claims, enables her to counsel clients based on years of first-hand experience in both federal and state court arenas. In addition to her litigation practice, Bea is the firm’s co-managing partner and is committed to upholding the firm’s cultural values and championing local non-profit organizations.
In addition to her passion for advocacy and firm culture, Bea is an avid traveler and wine enthusiast. She received her Level 2 Wine Certification from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust and travels the world exploring wine making and culture in her free time.
- Barry University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- Served as counsel in suit for misappropriation of trade secrets. Secured a permanent injunction, sanctions and judgment for both compensatory and punitive damages against one defendant in state court. Subsequently prevailed in a multi-day jury trial in federal court against remaining defendants and secured sanctions and a judgment for compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney’s fees.
- Served as lead counsel in a complex, multi-party suit for breach of a non-compete agreement, tortious interference, and conspiracy where opposing parties sought over $100,000,000 in damages as well as injunctive relief. Through summary judgment, eliminated several claims, including injunctive relief, and reduced opposing party’s potential damage claim to a nominal figure.
- Served as counsel in complex, multi-party suit prosecuting claims for tortious interference, breach of non-compete after direct competitor began poaching client’s employees. As lead trial counsel at the trial on damages, obtained judgment for damages exceeding $7,000,000.
- Served as lead counsel in trial defending client against the improper domestication of a foreign judgment procured by fraud
- Served as lead counsel in suit for breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, civil theft, and negligence against client’s former counsel, a national bank, and an individual after client’s wire transfer in excess of $300,000 was wrongfully diverted. After client was unable to recover funds through law enforcement, he recovered through a favorable settlement in the action.
Practices in the area of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on restrictive covenant enforcement and commercial contractual disputes.