Andrew J. Davis
Andy is a part of Englander Fischer’s Real Estate and Business Litigation practice groups, which represent commercial, institutional, and individual clients in business and real estate litigation as well as complex transactional matters. After clerking for Englander Fischer during law school, Andy joined the firm as an Associate in the fall of 2015.
While attending law school at the University of Florida, Andy was named a Levin College of Law Scholar and received the Holland & Knight Scholarship before graduating cum laude. He proudly holds a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University, where he double majored in history and political science.
Andy was born and raised in St. Petersburg and is invested in his community. He spends his free time volunteering with local civic organizations, subsidizing St. Pete’s many excellent restaurants, and supporting his LSU Fighting Tigers (along with whoever happens to be playing Alabama).
- Represents lenders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, and current or prospective property owners in the purchase, development, use, leasing, management, and sale of commercial real estate, including secured financing transactions, commercial lease transactions, zoning & land use, easements & other non-possessory rights in land, and commercial short sales.
- Represents lenders, businesses and their owners, officers, employees, and investors in real estate, contract, ownership, management, payment, and performance disputes.
- Represents owners and managers of commercial & multi-unit residential properties in landlord/tenant disputes.
- Represents creditors and businesses in collection & bankruptcy litigation, including: commercial foreclosures, receivership, garnishment, and post-judgment collections actions, and business Chapter 11 reorganizations/Chapter 7 liquidations.
- University of Florida, J.D., Cum Laude
- Louisiana State University, B.A.
- Florida – all courts
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2020 – 2023)
- Tampa Magazine “Top Lawyers” – Real Estate Litigation (2023)
- Represented bank in multi-million dollar purchase-money and construction loan transaction for commercial property development, including the implementation of a cross-collateralization and cross-default agreement covering dozens of prior mortgages securing eighty (80) separate parcels.
- Represented investing partner against managing partner in AAA Commercial Arbitration of a partnership dispute regarding the ownership, management, and liquidation of a 300+ unit fractured condominium project. Obtained the appointment of a receiver and a $15 million arbitration award in favor of the client after a four-day trial.
- Represented retail shopping center development & management company (>25 million sq. ft. under management in the U.S. & Canada) in dozens of commercial tenant eviction actions across the State of Florida.
- Represented institutional lenders in the foreclosure of numerous SBA 7(a) loans.
- Represented medical imaging company defending against the domestication and enforcement of a foreign judgment in Florida. Following a bench trial, the Court ruled that the foreign judgment had been obtained by extrinsic fraud upon the foreign court and was thus unenforceable, and awarded the client prevailing party attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Represented plaintiff co-owner in suit for partition of real property. Obtained six-figure settlement for the client before trial.
- The Florida Bar – Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- Mainsail Art Festival Planning Committee
- Culinary Arts Committee, Chairman (2018 – Present)
- Breakfast & Awards Ceremony, Chairman (2017)
- LSU Tampa Bay Alumni Association, Board of Directors (2020 – Present)
- Vice-President (2022-2023)
- Woodlawn Oaks Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors (2021 – Present)
- St. Petersburg Downtown Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors (2018 – 2021)
- Community Law Program, Housing Clinic – Past Pro Bono Attorney