- University of Florida, BSBA, 1970
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1973.
- Florida – all courts, including the Supreme Court of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Eleventh Districts (not currently active)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (not currently active)
Decades of experience in virtually all areas of civil litigation, including representing those injured in personal injury, professional liability and products liability litigation. Kent’s experience also includes substantial involvement in insurance litigation, construction and real estate litigation, business litigation and real estate litigation from intake through trial, including non-jury and jury trials.
- Approximately 20 years in representation of individuals and families in cases against the major cigarette manufacturers.
- Representation of individuals in a number of cases against manufacturers of defective products. Including automobiles and defective drugs and medical devices.
- Representation of residents harmed by ground water contamination by an international corporation
- W. McKinley Smiley, Jr. Award, 2003, from the Young Lawyers Section of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers “in recognition of (His) Dedicated Leadership and Service for the Steadfast example (He) set to the Newest Members of Our Profession”.
- Jon E. Krupnick Award for Perseverance, 2007, an annual award by the Florida Justice Association presented to an individual “whose tenacity and acumen have enabled him to achieve the goal of professional excellence”.
- The Barney” from the Barney Masterson Inn of Court, 2013, an award presented annually in memory of Barney Masterson “for demonstrating the highest standards for ethics, professionalism, legal excellence and civility.”
- Compassionate Gladiator Award for “Strength – Skill – Drive – Heart. An Unwavering Advocate…A Master of the Trial…A Champion for Victims”, 2018, from the Florida Justice Association.
- AV PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers: Florida”.
He is a frequent lecturer in the areas of his practice, with regard to both substantive law and procedure.
- Past Member – Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Florida Justice Association (formerly the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
- Past President of the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Member and Director of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of National Trial Lawyers
- Past President of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Past Chair St. Petersburg Environmental/Development Commission
- Past Member St. Petersburg Charter Review Commission