Areas of Practice
- Tulane University, School of Law, New Orleans, Juris Doctor
- Indiana University, Fort Wayne, Indiana, B.S. in Education
- Louisiana (no longer active)
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District Florida United
- United States District Court – Southern District Florida
- United States District Court – District of Puerto Rico
- Practices primarily in the area of appellate law and business litigation
- Has litigated in every Florida District Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Florida
- Focus majority practice on civil litigation in areas of business, real estate, and insurance law.
- Certified Circuit Court Civil Mediator, 2009 (no longer active)
- Florida Supreme Court Appointed Arbitrator, 2008 (no longer active)
- Served as appellate counsel in litigation establishing standards to review a defendant’s motion for summary judgment leading to reversal of judgment granted for defendant.
- Served as appellate counsel in litigation establishing that Florida Statute §559.715 does not create a condition precedent to a residential mortgage foreclosure action reversing judgment for defendant.
- Served as trial and appellate counsel in litigation establishing that it is not necessary for the Plaintiff to prove its standing for the Court to return the original promissory note filed with the Court reversing ruling for defendant.
- Represented The Florida Defense Lawyers Association as Co-writer appellate counsel on Amicus Brief to Florida Supreme Court regarding Florida’s dangerous instrumentality doctrine.
- Served as Co-writer appellate counsel on Pro Bono basis for Florida Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office, Defending Best Interests Project, defending termination of parental rights.
- Served as second chair trial counsel in Complex Business Division Litigation resulting in over $1 million judgment following improper dissolution of partnership.
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, 2017
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association Amicus Award, 2022
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Presenting Speaker, The Ins and Outs of Non-Final Appeals Under 9.130: Immediate Possession of Property, The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section, Webinar, May 6, 2022
- Current Developments in Public School Concurrency, The Florida Bar Journal, February, 1998 (assistance acknowledged).
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar: Appellate Practice Section, Outreach Committee
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Pinellas County Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court
- Charter and Ordinance Review Committee, Belleair Bluffs, 2009-2010
- Chairman, Board of Adjustment, Belleair Bluffs, Florida