Kathryn J. Copeland
Kathryn has been practicing law in the Tampa Bay area since 2012. After practicing for 7 years in the areas of family law and personal injury litigation, Kathryn joined Englander Fischer’s litigation team and practices primarily in business litigation, real estate litigation, and creditor’s debt collection. In 2022, Kathryn was named a partner at the firm.
Prior to graduating from Stetson University College of Law, Kathryn also worked as a legal assistant for several years in the Tampa Bay area.
Kathryn is a native Floridian who lives in St. Petersburg with her husband, Derek, and their rescue dog, Max.
- Stetson University College of Law- Juris Doctor
- University of Tampa
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court- Middle District of Florida
- Represents businesses and individuals in business disputes or other commercial matters
- Represents commercial creditors in collection litigation
- Served as lead counsel in litigation against client’s former business partner and entity, resulting in favorable settlement agreement before trial.
- Represented client in lawsuit with former business partner resulting in a very favorable settlement agreement and distribution of company assets in client’s favor.
- Represented defendant in litigation by plaintiff seeking to recover quiet title to real property based on a fraudulent deed. As lead counsel at trial, obtained judgment entirely in client’s favor.
- Represented Pinellas family-owned business against injury lawsuit which resulted in a favorable settlement agreement before trial. Business owner was individually dismissed from lawsuit early on due to motion filed.
- Represented Pasco bar against injury lawsuit that resulted in a very favorable settlement before trial wherein Plaintiff did not recover any damages from client. Business manager was individually dismissed from lawsuit per the granting of a summary judgment motion in his favor.
- Served as lead counsel for lender in action to enforce loan agreements against multiple defendants and guarantor. The litigation resulted in a half- million dollar settlement that was also collected on for the client.
- Represented client in numerous lawsuits successfully enforcing construction liens on real property or breach of construction contract claims.
- Served as lead counsel to domesticate and enforce a foreign judgment in Florida.
- Remember Honor Support- Secretary
- St. Pete Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2013-2019
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Pro-bono run committee member, 2017-2019
- Lawyers for Literacy, 2018-2019
- Bay Area Legal Services, The Collective
- Wills for Heroes, volunteer, 2019